Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Postpartum Transformation PT 2

For those of you who followed me last time, you know that I haven't posted in a while. The truth is, I went back to my old eating habits, gained all the weight back, then got pregnant again and kind of gave up. For those of you who may be new, let me introduce myself:

My name is Kerri Moore and I have two wonderful children. I am a personal trainer, I have a bachelor's degree in exercise science, two national certifications, and a third-degree black belt. I could be considered by many as a fitness expert.

... And I'm fat.

Okay, I can virtually hear a bunch of my friends yelling nice things into their computers to make me feel better. Thanks for that. But I can't ignore the fact that I have too much body fat and something needs to be done about it. I have had this issue on and off since I was at least 14. I've been on just about every diet out there and have gotten pretty darn close to my goal. Inevitably, though, I end up back where I started. I'm starting to feel like my weight is sheep's fleece. I shear it regularly and then it grows back within a season.

Now I am at my heaviest ever (non-pregnant). My son is 3-months old and I turned 28 last week. I want to get to my goal now more than ever but I am farther from it and I've gone through this cycle so many times it's hard to believe that it is possible.

Yesterday I logged all of my food, got a really great workout in, and felt great about my day. My husband came home from work and declared that he'd had similar success. We looked at each other and said, "This is it. We are going to do it this time." It is a feeling I have only had a few times in my life. Like when I met my husband for the first time and thought, 'Wow, I think this guy is going to be pretty important to me.' We are feeling great about our goals and we are on the exact same page (how often does THAT spontaneously happen?!).

So here we go! I will be back regularly to talk about my progress. I was hoping to do a video blog but can't find time to get it right or find quiet moments to talk without the kids interrupting so we might have to wait on that. But I can't wait any longer to start making and documenting my changes. So here is what you can expect from me:
  • I will blog much more regularly (twice to three times a week - usually at night)
  • I will be chronicling my transformation
  • I will be describing my plans and the program I am following
  • I will be giving tips, opinions, and reviews on weight loss research, news and products (please let me know if there is anything you would like me to check out!)
I hope to make this much more of an interactive experience so feel free to share with others and ask questions or make comments. I'd love to hear from you!

Day 1
8/1/16 : 197 lbs


1 comment:

  1. I am with you Kerri! I am at my heaviest ever non pregnant and ready to get back in shape!

    ReplyDelete