Sunday, August 24, 2014

Confessions

I had an interesting experience this week:

I know that I have not posted in a few weeks. I know that in my last post I went on and on talking about how there is no better time than the present to work on your fat loss goals. Remember how I mentioned that there is no magical land where it is suddenly going to be as easy? Well I had a rough week. I was sick, my husband was out of town leaving me with our two-month-old, I went to Newport for a few days, then I had a family reunion in Bend for a few days and then I had my mom and brother out here for a visit. I will be honest, I stopped logging and trying to get activity because I wanted to wait until life settled down...

Oh, Kerri... Sweetheart...


See? Even I do it.

I honestly didn't think anyone was paying any attention to this blog so I saw no harm in postponing an entry for two weeks. I received an email from one of my old clients (who I haven't seen in months) telling me that they not only read my first blog but had NOTICED that I hadn't written anything! I'm not sure this person would like me putting their name out there on the internet but you know who you are and I am dedicating this post to you. Thank you to anyone and everyone who is reading and following! If you are, please let me know! The more eyes on this journey the more obligated I feel to fulfill my commitment!

So let's get back on track starting... NOW!!! My new commitment starts now to ...

A) Log my food intake every day no matter how badly I think I may have blown it
B) Start strength training at least three times a week
C) Record my calorie burn with the Basis armband my husband got me for my birthday and try to do an hour of physical activity a day
D) Fulfill my 90-Day challenge (I haven't mentioned these, but I am adding mini-challenges every month for 90-Days to help myself develop other healthy habits. Currently, I am staying away from fast food for 90-days. If I can fulfill that challenge, I get to redo all of the doorknobs and hinges in our house)

Again, thanks for paying attention! I'll write again before next Sunday (8/31). Hold me to it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm following, Kerri! I'll keep you to your weekly posts. :) Just as long as you promise to post pictures of Lizzie to your family blog every once in a while too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following your blog and I applaud you for writing about how difficult it can be to stick to a weight loss plan. Life can certainly get in the way! Speaking of doorknobs and hinges, we need to change ours too! Good reward! Ours are brass-you too?

    ReplyDelete