Monday, November 10, 2014

Month 4 Update


I just had my measurements this week and here are the results:

7/31- Start

Weight: 198 lbs
Body Fat %: 35.1
Lbs Body Fat: 69.5
Lbs Lean: 128.5


10/7- Last Measurements

Weight: 175.5 
Body Fat %: 32 
Lbs Body Fat: 56.16 
Lbs Lean: 119.34 

Total inches lost: 12.75

11/7- Current

Weight: 165.5 (-10 from last; -32.5 total)
Body Fat %: 27.5 (-4.1 from last; -7.2 total)
Lbs Body Fat: 46.2 (-9.96 from last; -13.4 total)
Lbs Lean: 119.3 (-.04 from last; -9.2 total)

Total inches lost: 20

I didn't reach my goal of 31% this month. It seems that, along with my fat, I am also losing quite a bit of lean body mass. I'll be cracking down a little more on my nutrition and set a goal for five days in the weight room this month. 

Successes: I have been logging everything everyday despite an entire week of being sick and unable to work out. 

I set a goal not to have any 'cheat days' for 90-days (except Halloween and Thanksgiving). A cheat day means that I eat a surplus of calories. I used to allow myself at least one a week but I want a ceiling fan in my bedroom and this seemed like a fun way to earn it. It has now been three full weeks and I have either been at a calorie deficit or at maintenance. 

When I wasn't sick, I did walk to the gym four times a week and I did do my weights. I set my new steps goal to 10,000/ day.  

Confessions: Though I have been doing a decent job logging my food and staying at a deficit I have not been doing a great job focusing on my macronutrients (proteins, cards, and fats). 

My goal for October is to reach 30% or less. My prize is a carpet for my entryway. Wish me luck!

 Here's Where I started



Today

I reached my goal to be under 30% body fat this month! My prize was a runner for my entryway. I have to say that it feels really good to go to the store, pick something I really like, put it in my house and every time I pass it think, 'I earned that.'
It's cheesy to add a picture of my prize but I EARNED it!

Successes: I have only had one day of a calorie surplus in over 40 days. My next goal is to try to stay at a deficit every day until Thanksgiving. It is getting harder and harder for a classic stress-eater like myself to not pick a weekend to go off rails but it is worth it for a ceiling fan in my bedroom. 

I'm doing a decent job getting to the gym four times a week though my current goal is five. 

Confessions: Still not focusing on my macronutrients (proteins, cards, and fats). 

My goal for November is to reach 26% or less. If I reach it I will have reached half of my entire fat loss goal! My prize is a bathroom decorating project. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. You're doing amazing Kerri! You lost like all body fat this month. That's awesome! I think about you all the time in the weight room. Every time I increase my weight I think "is this a mental gain or an actual strength gain?" It's hard to tell the difference. I constantly under estimate what I'm capable of!

    ReplyDelete