Sunday, September 14, 2014

Update

Alright everyone,

I just had my measurements this week and here are the results:

7/31-

Weight: 198 lbs
Body Fat %: 35.1
Lbs Body Fat: 69.5
Lbs Lean: 128.5


9/10-

Weight: 184.6 (-13.4)
Body Fat %: 33.5 (-1.6)
Lbs Body Fat: 61.8 (-7.7)
Lbs Lean: 122.8 (-5.7)

Total inches lost: 9.35


Here's where I started...



Here's where I am today

I would normally hope for 6-12% body fat drop by now but remember that two week hiatus I took? Regardless, 1.6% makes a difference! 

Successes: I decided that I needed a workout buddy and found someone WONDERFUL! She and I have only met three times so far but I think we are going to work really well together! If you are starting weight training for the first time, I workout buddy is REALLY helpful for keeping you motivated not to slack off. Speaking of weight training, I have two weeks of 4x/ week! 

I also had my best logging week so far this week. Working out sometimes does wonders for nutrition simply because you don't want to waist all your hard work by eating a bunch of garbage. Just like unhealthy behaviors are a vicious cycle (eating poorly leads to inactivity, which leads to more poor eating choices, etc.) healthy living can also be a cycle (though if you stop the ball rolling it is much easier to go backward).

Confessions: If I needed to confess anything it would be that I have been having a hard time waking up early enough in the mornings to get myself and the baby out of the house in a timely manner. I had set a goal to walk to the gym which is less than a mile from my home to get some added cardio. One of my obstacles is that Lizzie never learned to latch when feeding so I have been exclusively pumping. It is working very well and I am happy to be able to burn an extra few hundred calories a day but it does mean an extra 1/2 hour in the morning that I could be sleeping. Even though I know it is coming, it still seems to be a surprise every morning when I have to get up. Weird how that happens. 

Thanks for the support! This month's goal is to be under 31% by Oct. 9th. If I can do that, I get to buy a rug for my entryway... and I get to make my family's secret recipe cookies. 


2 comments: